Fall River Car Accident Lawyers
Car Accident Lawyers that work to Achieve Maximum Recovery.
Serving Fall River, Somerset, Swansea, Dartmouth, Westport, & Seekonk, MA
Automobile Accident Lawyers Representing Fall River & Bristol County Massachusetts.
Each year, thousands of people are injured or killed in automobile accidents in Greater Fall River and Bristol County, Ma. Whether you live in Dartmouth, Seekonk, Westport, Swansea, Somerset, Berkley, Freetown or Dighton, you have witnessed or experienced car and truck accidents on Massachusetts Interstate 95, I-195, I-295 , Route 24 or Route 140.
If you’ve spent any significant time at all on these highways, you’ve probably seen everything from fender benders to major multi-car crashes. Drunk Driving is the number one cause of these car accidents. Texting while driving and drivers distracted by cell phones and GPS are main causes as well.
How much is my car accident and personal injury case worth?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you probably want to seek damages to cover the cost of emotional and physical harm. But how do you find out the worth of your case? You probably have called a few local lawyers and asked. But here’s the thing: if a lawyer tells you over how much your case is worth over the phone without evaluating the details of your case, that’s a red flag. There are so many small nuances of a case you need to know before you can determine the range of damages that could be obtained.
- Was the operator of the motor vehicle texting while driving?
- Was the operator of the motor vehicle distracted by or using a cell phone?
- Was the operator of the motor vehicle legally intoxicated or drunk?
- How much are the medical bills?
- How much are the lost wages?
- How long we’re you out of work?
- Is there ongoing and future medical expenses?
- Did you experience whip lash?
- Did you experience injuries from a seat belt or airbag?
- Do you require a chiropractor?
- Is there a permanent disability or scarring?
- Did you require surgery?
- Are you experiencing pain and suffering or stress?
What To Do after a car accident.
- Call the police or 911 immediately.
- Check if anyone is injured and wait for paramedics before moving anyone including yourself.
- Seek medical attention if you experience any pain or injuries even if they seem minor at the time.
- Take photos of the accident scene and damage to motor vehicles.
- Make sure all details are included within the police report.
- Contact your insurance company and report the car accident as soon as you are able.
- Detail all injuries, medical costs, loss of work income, and damage to your motor vehicle.
- Seek legal advice of a an experienced attorney before signing any wavers, releases or car accident settlement agreements from the insurance company.
What Not to Do after a car accident.
- Do not admit fault.
- Do not give any written or recorded statements to the insurance company until you fully understand your coverage. The insurance company is not allowed to record your telephone conversations.
- Do not automatically accept an offer from the insurance company. In many cases insurance companies will try to settle car accident cases quickly for less compensation that you deserve.
- Do not sign any documents from the insurance company.
- If you are contacted by an insurance adjuster only give basic information such as your name, address, place of work etc. You are not required to give details of the accident or your injuries.
- Give general information about the car accident to the insurance company and inform them you will give more detailed information when all evidence is collected and you have consulted with your attorney.
- By law you are able to have your car repaired at the repair shop of your choosing. Do not let the insurance company pressure you to use one of their “approved” body repair shops.
At the Law offices of Sabra & Aspden we understand the elements of an automobile, truck or motorcycle accident case and we know how to deal with Massachusetts insurance companies. We investigate every possible cause of an accident and collect all available evidence to make sure that you receive the largest settlement from the insurance company and those at fault. We handle accidents involving all types of causes such as rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, alcohol-related crashes, hit-and-run accidents, truck accidents, and 18-wheeler truck accidents.
In all car and automobile accidents, it is necessary that steps be taken quickly to investigate the accident, preserve evidence, and to allow doctors or other experts to fully evaluate your injuries and damages. We’ll provide a Free Car Accident Consultation to you and do not collect a fee unless a settlement or verdict is reached.
We can help.
If you have been injured in a car or motorcycle accident, contact Sabra & Aspden, P.A. for a free consultation.Free Case Evaluation