Steven P. Sabra
The Law Offices of Sabra and Aspden have been winning verdicts for over 35 years in Massachusetts. Attorney Steven P. Sabra is a member of the Massachusetts bar and practices as a trial attorney in personal injury, workers’ compensation, car accidents, and criminal defense in the Bristol County MA area for his whole career.
Personal Injury Lawyer Fall River and Bristol County, MA
We know that reaching a settlement with an insurance company or winning at arbitration or trial requires hard work and diligence.
Insurance companies typically offer low settlements and may complain that the victim is at fault for causing an accident or injury. As a personal injury law firm, our goal is to provide aggressive, top-notch legal representation to all of our clients.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Often workers injured in the course of employment are provided with incorrect information, such as that they must go to a company-approved doctor and must follow such doctor’s instructions regarding returning to work. This is not true. Nor is it true that a company’s decision about whether an injury is “work-related” is final.
Our law firm worker’s compensation practice represents those injured while working. We advise injured workers of their rights under worker’s compensation statutes and represent them in the course of seeking the benefits to which they are entitled.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Fall River, MA
The death of a loved one due to the negligence of another is a sad and challenging situation. It’s had to think about legal matters while grieving, however it’s important to secure compensation for remaining spouses, children or grandchildren. Steven P. Sabra will personally handle your case with empathy and compassion and will fight for your family. Wrongful death cases cover a wide variety of situations . Several examples of wrongful death cases are listed below.
- Car accident
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Boat Accidents
- Bus and Train Accidents
- Drunk Driving
- Premise Liability ( the wrongful death occurred on someone else’s property)
- Death on a construction site or place of work
- Nursing home abuse or negligence
- Defective Products
Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our criminal defense practice includes a variety of matters including driving while under the influence. Criminal charges are serious; thus it’s important to retain legal representation to fight for those charged with a crime. It’s especially important to retain a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible to make sure that the rights of the person charged are protected.
We help clients understand the legal, medical, and work-related aspects pertaining to their legal matter.
The success of the Law offices of Sabra and Aspden has established to become one of the most trusted law office in Massachusetts. Mr. Sabra has represented clients in personal injury, worker’s compensation, and criminal defense matters for more than 35 years. Mr. Sabra has received the distinction of being one of only two attorneys in southeastern Massachusetts selected by Massachusetts Lawyer Weekly (2009) as a “Power Lawyer”, and was also featured in the Fall River Herald News. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Sabra has served in various community organizations, as a member of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers (charged with overseeing alleged improper actions of attorneys licensed in Massachusetts), and on the Judicial Nominating Commission for selection of judges and clerk magistrates in Massachusetts.
More About Steve Sabra
- Duquesne University School of Law Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Juris Doctorate June, 1976
- Fairfield University Fairfield, Connecticut Bachelor of Arts June, 1973
- Massachusetts 1977
- U.S. District Court Massachusetts 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court 1985
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly – Headlined as one of the State’s “Most Powerful” Attorneys-The Power List (December 2009)
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 (2014)
- AV Preeminent Rating – Martindale Hubbell
- Massachusetts Bar Association Community Service Award (April 2007)
- Commissioner of Judicial Nominating Commission (March 21, 2007 – to present)
- Board of Bar Overseers – January 1, 1998 to December 31, 2001
- Board of Bar Overseers – Hearing Committee Member (1988 to 1994)
- Member of Southeastern Regional Committee of Judicial Nominating Council (1995 to 2002)
- Bristol County Bar Association – President (1994 – 1995)
- Fall River Bar Association – President (1985 – 1987)
- Fall River District Court – Conciliator/ Mediator (September 1994 to present)
- Radio Station WSAR 1480 AM – “Law Talk” (1999 – present)
- Town of Somerset Advisory and Finance Committee – (2011 – present)
- Screening Committee for Somerset Police Chief – 2014
- Screening Committee for Somerset Town Administrator – 2007
- St. Thomas More Church – Eucharistic Minister
- Fall River Five Cents Savings Bank – Corporator (1987 to present)
- Fall River Port Authority – Chairman (1992 to 1995)
- Fall River Line Pier, Inc. – President (1992 to 1995)
- How to Apply for a Judgeship: The Judicial Selection Process – panelist – June 11, 2009
- Lorman Education Services – Worker’s Compensation in Massachusetts – panelist and prepared written materials – May 24, 2006 and May 6, 2008
- Massachusetts Bar Association – How to Try a Civil Remand Case – Program Chair – September 29, 1999
- Fall River Bar Association – Board of Bar Overseers – panelist – March, 1998 and May 16, 2001
- Southern New England School of Law – Negotiating Skills – panelist – April 25, 1998
- Bristol County Bar Association – Setting and Collecting Fees – panelist and prepared written materials – March 22, 1997
- Bristol County Bar Association – Insurance Coverage Issues in Automobile Cases – panelist and prepared written materials – January 18, 1995
- Bristol County Bar Association – Personal Injury Law – Panelist and prepared written materials – January 19, 1994
- MCLE – Personal Injury Basics – Panelist and prepared written materials – April 27, 1991
I personally handle your case.
The initial call is free and there is no obligation to use our services.Free Case Evaluation